Martial Tactical Training of Michigan (MTTM) offers the NRA’s Personal Protection in the Home course. This course meets Michigan’s training requirements to apply for a concealed pistol license (CPL).
The course includes information on the following topics, and more:
- Using the firearm safely and responsibly.
- Proper mindset when facing a life threatening encounter.
- Mental awareness and preparation.
- Defensive pistol skills including marksmanship considerations, cover, concealment, and various shooting postures.
- Legalities of firearm ownership, possession, and the use of deadly force.
- Personal protection strategies in the home and in public.
- Responding to a life threatening encounter.
- The aftermath of a violent encounter.
- Safe firearm storage methods.
- Selecting the proper handgun, ammunition, and holster for concealed carry.
Prerequisites and requirements:
- Understand the rules of firearm safety.
- Basic operational knowledge of the firearm you will be using in class.
- Handgun (if you do not have one, please contact the instructor to make arrangements).
- Magazines for handgun (if applicable. At least 2 is recommended).
- Ammunition (100 rounds minimum. More is recommended).
- Eye and ear protection.
- Note taking supplies.
- Clothing appropriate to the weather. This is an outdoor range.
- Food, drinks, and snacks for the day. There are no convenient restaurants nearby.