Martial Tactical Training of Michigan (MTTM) offers the NRA’s Basic Pistol course. This course covers the basics of handgun familiarization such as vocabulary associated with a handgun, operation, etc.
The course includes information on the following topics, and more:
- Firearm safety rules.
- Handgun vocabulary and terminology
- Basic parts of a handgun and their function.
- Basic operational understanding of a handgun (how it works).
- Range rules and shooting safety and etiquette.
- Proper grips, stances, and postures used when shooting.
- Acquiring the target (sight alignment and sight picture).
- Shot control (steady aim, grip, trigger control).
- and more!
Prerequisites and requirements:
- Handgun (if you do not have one, please contact the instructor to make arrangements).
- Magazines for handgun (if applicable. At least 2 is recommended).
- Ammunition (50 rounds minimum. More is recommended).
- Eye and ear protection. Electronic hearing protection is recommended.
- Note taking supplies.
- Clothing appropriate to the weather. This may be an outdoor range.
- Food, drinks, and snacks for the day. There are no convenient restaurants nearby.